96 South Main Street, Nephi, Utah 84648 - Voice: 435 623-0525 - FAX: 435 623-4735
February 27, 2024
FIRE • Nephi City Fire Department responded to an early morning fire that caused significant damage to a workshop and travel trailer.
By Myrna Trauntvein
A workshop next to the home of Wyatt and Elisha Penrod, 296 East 200 South, Nephi, caught fire early this morning.
Times News reporter, Myrna Trauntvein, a neighbor, was summoned from her home, which is next door to the Penrod residence, at 7 a.m. because of the danger to her own home. The fire department was dispatched at 6:45 a.m.
By the time she had dressed and left, the Nephi Fire Department had already knocked back the flames. [Thanks for the quick work.] Therefore, the photos are of the crews fighting to keep the nearby house from burning, though it was charred, and making certain the fire was completely extinguished.
Wyatt and Elisha are the owners of Pinnacle Laser Engraving, LLC, in Nephi. The shop was home to some of their valuable equipment.
Also destroyed in the blaze was a recreational travel trailer parked next to the workshop.
Wyatt, Elisha and their three sons were reported to be safe by Elisha who is also a math teacher at Juab Junior High.
Nephi City Fire Chief Kurtis Park said he would have a report for the news as soon as the fire scene is cleared.